We are happy to announce the 10.2.8 release of Akka HTTP. This release is a maintenance release, mostly fixing a few smaller issues around HTTP/2 support.
Akka HTTP now also supports graceful termination for HTTP/2 servers. If coordinated shutdown is enabled for a server binding
ServerBinding.addToCoordinatedShutdown, the server will allow ongoing requests to be completed for a configurable
period of time while immediately rejecting incoming requests before shutting down the application process.
This helps to avoid downtime during rolling upgrades.
- Enable idle-timeout when http2 is enabled #3965
- Fix h2c via Upgrade #4000
- Fail pool slot if connection is canceled before it is failed #3981
- Ensure PoolMaster.shutdown(…) does not hang #4004
- Implement graceful termination for HTTP/2 servers #4018
- Remove unused var from ServerTerminator #4011
- Interpret SSE heartbeats as events #4020
- Simplify bullet points in 10.2.7 release notes #3926
- Backport release notes from 10.1 #3953
- Replace deprecated functions in Routing DSL docs #3966
- Fix the documentation for RejectionHandler #4013
- Dependency updates
- Rename branch master -> main #3911
- Hide test jar with complicated name from scala-steward #3980
- Use fuzzy
+~to switch Scala versions #3970
The complete list of closed issues can be found on the 10.2.8 milestone on GitHub.
For this release we had the help of 7 contributors – thank you all very much!
commits added removed 29 732 376 Johannes Rudolph 8 224 32 Arnout Engelen 2 3 2 Nitika Agarwal 1 6 6 Zachary S 1 5 5 kenji yoshida 1 6 2 imRentable 1 4 4 Yaroslav Klymko
Akka by Lightbend
The Akka core team is employed by Lightbend. If you’re looking to take your Akka systems to the next level, let’s set up a time to discuss our enterprise-grade expert support, self-paced education courses, and technology enhancements that help you manage, monitor and secure your Akka systems - from development to production.
– The Akka Team