We’re happy to announce version 2.0.0 of Akka gRPC!
gRPC is a transport mechanism for request/response and (non-persistent) streaming use cases. See Why gRPC? for more information about when to use gRPC as your transport.
This version of Akka gRPC updates from ScalaPB 0.10.x to 0.11.x, which is a breaking change for Scala users: code generated with ScalaPB 0.10.x will not work with version 0.11.x of the runtime, meaning projects that use Akka gRPC directly need a clean recompile, and if you use libraries that use Akka gRPC you will need to make sure they are on the same major version.
Changes since 1.1.x
- Public grpc method descriptors in generated code #1250 by @justcoon
- Remove reflection usage in GoogleProtobufSerializer #1286 by @lomigmegard
- Improve marshalling performance #1350 by @jtjeferreira
- Reduce number of bytes array copies to ByteString #1281 by @lomigmegard
- Convenience builder to concat implementation and reflection #1284 by @ignasi35
- Retry persistent connections indefinitely #1331 by @raboof
- docs: fix reference to scripted snippet #1307 by @bjaglin
- Make it clear that Jetty ALPN is not supported anymore #1305 by @marcospereira
- Fix paradox tabs in client walkthrough #1357 by @raboof
- Use valid headers in unit tests #1317 by @lomigmegard
- Cleanup Akka HTTP dependencies and disable auto-bumping #1277 by @ignasi35
- Release directly to sonatype #1336 by @raboof
- Remove references to bintray #1356 by @raboof
- Introduce a build and test GH workflow #1325 by @ignasi35
- Remove Gradle 2.12 Travis tests #1334 by @raboof
- Basic GH Action #1326 by @ignasi35
- Don’t pass .jvmopts-travis to sbt with parameter #1297 by @raboof
- let scala-steward upgrade sbt-protoc #1294 by @bjaglin
- No -SNAPSHOT postfix for gradle plugin snapshots #1355 by @raboof
- The generated java sources are not compiled when a project has only kotlin sources #1308 by @ihostage
- Update compilerplugin, scalapb-runtime to 0.11.3 #1346 by @scala-steward
- Update grpc-core, grpc-interop-testing, … to 1.38.0 #1352 by @scala-steward
- Update org.eclipse.jgit to 220.127.116.11105131744-r #1345 by @scala-steward
- Update maven-core, maven-plugin-api to 3.8.1 #1313 by @scala-steward
- Update protobuf-java to 3.17.1 #1359 by @scala-steward
- Update sbt, scripted-plugin to 1.5.2 #1339 by @scala-steward
- Update sbt-jmh to 0.4.2 #1341 by @scala-steward
- Update sbt-mima-plugin to 0.9.1 #1343 by @scala-steward
- Update sbt-protoc to 1.0.4 #1351 by @scala-steward
- Update sbt-twirl to 1.5.1 #1302 by @scala-steward
For a full list of changes see the releases overview
For this release we had the help of 11 contributors – thank you all very much!
|Author||Commits||Lines added||Lines removed|
The Akka core team is employed by Lightbend. If you’re looking to take your Akka systems to the next level, let’s set up a time to discuss our enterprise-grade expert support, self-paced education courses, and technology enhancements that help you manage, monitor and secure your Akka systems - from development to production.
– The Akka Team