The Alpakka contributors are happy to announce the release of Alpakka Kafka 2.1.0 final.
Alpakka Kafka 2.1.0 uses Apache Kafka 2.7.0 and Akka 2.6 and has dropped support for Scala 2.11 releases. The Alpakka Kafka Testkit has had significant changes to improve Kafka testcontainers support. Embedded Kafka is no longer available in the Testkit because it can pollute the test class path with unneeded dependencies and version conflicts.
The most notable feature of 2.1.0 is the protection against Kafka broker consumer group offset resets, by @jyates. This feature will prevent consumer group offsets from being accidentally reset to “earliest” due to several bugs in earlier versions of the Kafka broker. To learn more read the Unexpected consumer offset reset section of the Alpakka Kafka documentation.
Notable changes since 2.0.7
- Scala 2.12 and 2.13 (dropped Scala 2.11) #1102 by @seglo
- Upgrade Akka 2.6.14 and Kafka 2.7.0 #1355 by @seglo
- Add configurable protection against server-bug induced resets #1299 by @jyates
- Akka typed first documentation user experience #1370 by @seglo
- The testkit no longer supports Embedded Kafka #1114 by @seglo
Alpakka Kafka core
- DiscoverySupport: remove deprecation #1231 by @ennru
- Commit collector: avoid pushing twice #1205 by @ennru
- Commit the offset when multi message is empty #1201 by @herzrasen
- Add ProducerResultFactory.multiResult helper for MultiMessage #1319 by @ashendon
Alpakka Kafka Testkit
- Drop embedded-kafka testkit support #1229 by @seglo
- Start & stop Kafka process within running container #1235 by @seglo
- Default to Confluent Platform version to 6.0.0 #1224 by @ennru
- Don’t depend on scalatest in testcontainer singleton #1330 by @seglo
- testkit: Admin instead of AdminClient #1183 by @ennru
- Migrate to sonatype snapshot/release repositories #1353 by @seglo
- Migrate build to GitHub actions #1307 by @seglo
For this release we had the help of 11 committers – thank you all very much!
commits added removed 44 52 52 Scala Steward 35 494 275 Enno Runne 31 2051 1810 Sean Glover 2 4 4 Renato Cavalcanti 1 928 74 Jesse Yates 1 380 19 jsh 1 93 64 Mateusz Zakarczemny 1 21 22 Tomchakov Oleksandr 1 8 0 Adon 1 1 1 Krzysiek Ciesielski 1 1 1 Johan Andrén
The Akka core team is employed by Lightbend. If you’re looking to take your Akka systems to the next level, let’s set up a time to discuss our enterprise-grade expert support, self-paced education courses, and technology enhancements that help you manage, monitor and secure your Akka systems - from development to production.
– The Akka & Alpakka Team