The Akka contributors are happy to announce Akka Persistence Cassandra 1.0!
This marks the plugin as fully supported. Highlights of the release:
- Major upgrade of the Cassandra driver. This is an incompatible change that has led us to restructure our configuration as the new driver now uses typesafe config. Many configuration options previously in the plugin’s reference.conf have been replaced by using the driver’s native configuration options.
- Now built on top of Alpakka Cassandra.
- Shared database connection pool between all parts of the plugin. For historic reasons, the various parts (journal, snapshots, and query) had their own connection pool. There is also an extension so user code can also use the connection.
- Clean up tool for deleting data for persistence ids that are no longer needed.
- Reconciliation tool for deleting and rebuilding the events by tag view.
- Many docs improvements.
- Disabling keyspace/table autocreate by default. We found many users went to production with this and this isn’t recommended.
- A more efficient all persistence ids query.
- Support for versions 2.6+ of Akka. Akka 2.5 has been dropped to take advantage of new Akka features in Akka 2.6.
If upgrading from a previous version you’ll need to follow the steps in the migration guide
You can find the documentation here.
Akka by Lightbend
The Akka core team is employed by Lightbend. If you’re looking to take your Akka systems to the next level, let’s set up a time to discuss our enterprise-grade expert support, self-paced education courses, and technology enhancements that help you manage, monitor and secure your Akka systems - from development to production.
- The Akka Team