we — the Akka HTTP committers — are happy to announce the availability of the forth maintenance release of Akka HTTP 10.0.
This release is a monthly maintenance release which contains mostly bug fixes and smaller improvements.
We strongly recommend updating from 10.0.3 which introduced a regression that an Akka HTTP server can leak memory over time which will lead to OOM eventually. See #851 for more information.
List of Changes
- Http message and header parser now also accepts LF as end of line (as recommended in the spec) (#106)
HttpAppnow directly extends from Directives (#875)
HttpApp.startServer(host, port)for even simpler startup. (#873)
- Multiplexer infrastructure was rewritten to support plugable
StreamPrioritizer(not yet surfaced in user API) (f06ab40)
- New documentation page about how to deal with the client-side
- Lots of small cleanups and improvements
- Fix a regression introduced in 10.0.3 that might lead to memory leaking after a server connection has been closed. (#851)
- Fix the infamous “Cannot push/pull twice” bug which occurred in relation with 100-Continue requests (like any kind
of uploads of POST requests done with
Build + Testing Infrastructure
- Updated Akka dependency to Akka 2.4.17. (#858)
.dilatedfor tests for better stability. (#194)
- Fix MiMa to actually check compatibility against the latest released versions. (#870)
- Throughout the code base
@DoNotInheritannotations have been added to give hints about the stability of interfaces. (#727)
Akka 10.0.x is backwards binary compatible with previous 10.0.x releases and Akka 2.4.x. This means that the new JARs are a drop-in replacement for the old one (but not the other way around) as long as your build does not enable the inliner (Scala-only restriction). It should be noted that Scala 2.12.x is is not binary compatible with Scala 2.11.x.
Akka-Http will be binary and source compatible with the upcoming Akka 2.5 release.
In this release we have closed 14 tickets, with the help of 8 contributors– thank you all very much!
The complete list of closed tickets can be found on the 10.0.4 milestone on github.
commits added removed 12 1311 180 Johannes Rudolph 9 608 217 Josep Prat 7 272 588 Jonas Fonseca 1 72 46 Gaëtan Rizio 1 3 3 Elliot Wright 1 4 0 Adam Anderson 1 2 2 Nafer Sanabria 1 1 1 Jordan Gwyn
– The Akka Team