We—the Akka committers—are pleased to be able to announce the availability of Akka 2.3.2. This is the second maintenance release of the 2.3 branch. It contains fixes for several issues.
This release is backwards binary compatible with version 2.3.0 and 2.3.1 which means that the new JARs are a drop-in replacement for the old one (but not the other way around) as long as your build does not enable the inliner (Scala-only restriction). Always make sure to use at least the latest version required by any of your project’s dependencies.
Migrating from Older Relases
When migrating an existing project from Akka 2.2.x please have a look at our migration guide.
2.3.2 compared to 2.3.1:
- 5 tickets closed
- 66 files changed, 637 insertions(+), 174 deletions(-)
- … and a total of 2 committers!
Full list of fixed tickets:
- 3957 EventsourcedProcessor must always reject external Persistent messages
- 3967 Second node is unable to join a cluster, regression in 2.3.1
- 3973 joinSeedNodeProcess is not unique Exception at the Cluster Startup
- 3974 Some address information was lost in the serialization of persistent messages
- 3975 Check for invalid id extraction in Cluster Sharding
commits added removed 5 182 100 Patrik Nordwall 2 283 38 Björn Antonsson
Additional Release Details
The artifacts comprising this release have been published to https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/releases/ and also to Maven Central. In addition, we adopted the sbt standard of encoding the Scala binary version in the artifact name, i.e. the core actor package’s artifactId is “akka-actor_2.10”.
Akka is released under the Apache V2 license.