We—the Akka committers—are pleased to be able to announce the availability of Akka 2.3.1. This is the first maintenance release of the 2.3 branch, containing documentation improvements and fixing several issues including:
- Simplified receive definition and support for supervision strategies for Java 8
- Support for receiving ConfirmablePersistent messages and using become() during recovery in EventSourcedProcessor
- Prevent possible actor leaks during repeated remote deployment after restart
- More robust failure handling in cluster sharding
- Prevent Quarantine state being lost
- Proxy for ClusterSingletons (by Giovanni Botta)
- Ability to use an external Camel context (by Thibaut Robert)
This release is backwards binary compatible with version 2.3.0 which means that the new JARs are a drop-in replacement for the old one (but not the other way around) as long as your build does not enable the inliner (Scala-only restriction). Always make sure to use at least the latest version required by any of your project’s dependencies.
Migrating from Older Relases
When migrating an existing project from Akka 2.2.x please have a look at our migration guide.
2.3.1 compared to 2.3.0:
- 21 tickets closed
- 199 files changed, 5753 insertions(+), 2058 deletions(-)
- … and a total of 6 committers!
Full list of fixed tickets:
- 2556, Give AddressTerminated its own event bus
- 3843, Cluster singleton proxy
- 3885, Add the ability to use an external camel context
- 3907, OSGi version range broken for Scala 2.11
- 3910, Zip akka-sample-fsm-java-lambda
- 3911, Add a Java 8 DirectiveBuilder
- 3912, add akka-osgi structure change to 2.2->2.3 migration guide
- 3913, setup mima on release-2.3 branch
- 3915, Support become in EventsourcedProcessor during recovery
- 3917, DOC: Include persistence reference.conf in docs
- 3924, DOC: how to be notified when recovery completed
- 3925, Create Java 8 version of supervision Activator emplate
- 3927, allow Confirmable messages (from PersistentChannel) to be sent to EventsourcedProcessor
- 3930, repeated remote deployment leaks actors
- 3933, Confirmed messages are delivered through channel when non persistent and persistent msgs are responded to with the same channel.
- 3937, ShardCoordinator doesn’t handle persistence failure
- 3940, Add sugar to AbstractActor for Java 8 for defining initial receive
- 3941, FAILED: SurviveNetworkInstability (left-over ping)
- 3943, Gate should not overwrite quarantine
- 3948, multi-node-tests: add startNewSystem() and shutdown(…
- 3949, add state label support to LoggingReceive
commits added removed 11 681 284 Roland Kuhn 7 823 320 Patrik Nordwall 6 2337 519 Björn Antonsson 1 107 2 Endre Sándor Varga 1 440 34 Giovanni Botta 1 62 7 Thibaut Robert
Additional Release Details
The artifacts comprising this release have been published to https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/ and also to Maven Central. In addition, we adopted the sbt standard of encoding the Scala binary version in the artifact name, i.e. the core actor package’s artifactId is “akka-actor_2.10”.
Akka is released under the Apache V2 license.