We, the Akka committers, are pleased to be able to announce the availability of Akka 2.0.3. This version most notably replaces the embedded version of the Typesafe Config library with an external dependency on it (so you can override/replace that dependency at will), for the full list of tickets closed, see below.
##Summary of Changes
2.0.3 is the result of a collaboration of 5 contributors and weighs in at — 126 files changed, 839 insertions(+), 12269 deletions(-).
- 2245 – Disallow null as subscriber in EventBus (EventStream)
- 2246 – Incorrect error message validating actor system names
- 2278 – Add @throws annotations on the Java API (Procedure etc)
- 2279 – Put logging of remote events under a debug flag i config
- 2296 – link to config library from ActorSystem ScalaDoc
- 2313 – Deprecate akka.util.cps (will be removed in 2.1)
- 2325 – Akka Remoting’s OrderedMemoryAwareThreadPoolExecutor’s not using an ObjectSizeEstimator
- 2356 – Backport 2354 - Thread.sleep(ms,ns) is bugged
- 2359 – Migrate to Typesafe Config 0.3.1 external dependency
- 2365 – Upgrade Netty to 3.5.3
- 2371 – Remove deprecation of RemoteActorRefProvider
- 2379 – Backport rewrites of github urls when release script is run
- Akka Maven repository: https://repo.akka.io/releases
- Akka binary distribution: https://akka.io/downloads
- Akka 2.0.3 documentation: https://doc.akka.io/docs/akka/2.0.5/
- Issue tracker: https://app.assembla.com/spaces/akka/
- Akka mailing list: https://groups.google.com/group/akka-user
Akka is released under the Apache V2 license.