Five weeks after the release of the very well received version 2.0, we have accumulated enough small fixes and enhancements to warrant a binary compatible bugfix release.
We would like to thank our great community for not only reporting, but also helping in fixing the issues which turned up: starting from very precise diagnostic information, over fixing errors in the documentation to submitting complete pull requests for performance enhancement. Special thanks go to Jean-François Im, Mathias Doenitz and Vibul Imtarnasan!
The issues fixed are:
- improved Java API for accessing singletons like akka.routing.CurrentRoutees and friends (also our beloved PoisonPill)
- reject invalid ActorSystem names which lead to problems when going remote (essentially must be valid hostname components now)
- fixed a live-lock in ForkJoinPool which could occur under rare circumstances with parallelism levels 2 or 4
- reduced overhead of ask(): less memory footprint and lazy registration
- several improvements and fixes for documentation (ScalaDoc as well as reStructuredText)
- make cause and message of AskTimeoutException accessible
- make SmallestMailboxRouter config serializable (this might require recompilation of classes mixing in SmallestMailboxLike)
- fix SmallestMailboxRouter crash upon sending under pressure
- make RemoteLifeCycleEvents serializable
- fix TestActorRef for actors setting ReceiveTimeout in constructor
- fix zeromq performance and instabilities by running the polling loop only on the same thread as all other activities for the socket
- never restart zeromq socket actors in case of fatal socket errors
- opened up visibility of RemoteTransport.send() and notifyListeners() to improve extensibility
- Akka Maven repository: http://repo.akka.io/releases
- Akka binary distribution: https://akka.io/downloads
- Akka 2.0.1 documentation: https://doc.akka.io/docs/akka/2.0.1/
- Issue tracker: http://www.assembla.com/spaces/akka/
- Akka mailing list: https://groups.google.com/group/akka-user
Akka is released under the Apache V2 license.