We—the Akka committers—are pleased to be able to announce the availability of Akka 2.3.7. This is the seventh maintenance release of the 2.3 branch. Among other fixes and improvements this release contains:
- A fix for a missing predicate parameter in the FSM contributed by litomSegal.
- A fix in the FSM docs contributed by kosii.
- A fix for a race between sending out acks and UpdatePendingWrite in akka-io. Contributed by jrudolph.
- An optimization for Mailbox bringing Actor performance improvements.
- A fix for akka-io which adds a workaround for Windows to detect connection reset events.
- A fix for akka-persistance where there was no default serializer provided for SnapshotHeader.
The complete list of closed tickets can be found in the 2.3.7 github issues milestone.
Akka 2.3.7 is released for Scala 2.10.4 and 2.11.4. This release is backwards binary compatible with version 2.3.6 which means that the new JARs are a drop-in replacement for the old one (but not the other way around) as long as your build does not enable the inliner (Scala-only restriction). Always make sure to use at least the latest version required by any of your project’s dependencies.
Migrating from Older Relases
When migrating an existing project from Akka 2.2.x please have a look at the migration guide.
commits added removed 6 205 332 Martynas Mickevičius 5 90 38 Patrik Nordwall 3 43 12 Björn Antonsson 3 15 20 Konrad 'ktoso' Malawski 1 1 1 xuwei-k 1 35 15 Max Cai 1 446 0 Marcus Ljungblad 1 1 1 litomSegal 1 178 22 Viktor Klang 1 197 121 rasummer 1 16 9 Johannes Rudolph 1 12 7 Roland Kuhn 1 157 6 Endre Sándor Varga 1 30 19 Josh Suereth 1 6 7 Balázs Kossovics