We—the Akka committers—are pleased to be able to announce the availability of Akka 2.2.4. This is the third maintenance release of the 2.2 branch, containing documentation improvements and fixing several issues including:
- (remote, cluster) increased numerical precision of PhiAccrualFailureDetector, contributed by Rob David
- (actor) fixed a regression in Actor overhead concerning both size and creation effort
- (remote) added the ability to communicate with restarted systems before the quarantine period has elapsed
- (remote) fixed remote lifecycle logging so that it can be switched off completely
- documentation fixes
This release is backwards binary compatible with version 2.2.0, 2.2.1 and 2.2.3, which means that the new JARs are a drop-in replacement for the old one (but not the other way around) as long as your build does not enable the inliner (Scala-only restriction). Always make sure to use at least the latest version required by any of your project’s dependencies.
Migrating from Older Releases
When migrating an existing project from Akka 2.1.x please have a look at our migration guide: http://doc.akka.io/docs/akka/2.2.4/project/migration-guide-2.1.x-2.2.x.html
The artifacts comprising this release have been published to https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/releases/ and also to Maven Central. In addition, we adopted the sbt standard of encoding the Scala binary version in the artifact name, i.e. the core actor package’s artifactId is “akka-actor_2.10”.
2.2.4 compared to 2.2.3:
- 8 tickets closed
- 40 files changed, 952 insertions(+), 202 deletions(-)
- … and a total of 5 committers!
- 3633 FAILED: SystemMessageDeliveryNoPassive
- 3706 Loss of floating point precision in PhiAccrualFailureDetector
- 3720 Actor creation size and speed regression
- 3730 Intermittent ActorSelection/Identify issue
- 3784 Akka Scala Docs missing SquarerImpl for Typed Actor
- 3787 akka.remote.log-remote-lifecycle-events = off doesn’t make the EndpointWriter shut up
- 3896 gracefulStop method signature changed from Akka 2.1.4 to 2.2.0
- 3904 do not leak private repositories in pom.xml
commits added removed 5 395 81 Endre Sándor Varga 3 467 53 Björn Antonsson 3 14 4 Roland Kuhn 1 8 21 Viktor Klang 1 38 13 Rob David